IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
1. Please check your documents when you receive them. Call us if you have any questions.
2. CHECK-IN – You can check-in online with the Airlines 24 hours before your Flight.
3. CHECK-IN AT AIRPORT - Minimum check-in for domestic flights is 90 minutes and is 2 hours for International flights. Even if you checked in online, please check-in again at the gate upon arrival.
4. IF NOT CHECKING IN ONLINE - Please check in at the ticket counter or Kiosk upon arrival at the airport. Be Prepared To Present a Government Issued Photo I.D. at the ticket counter. If you are traveling internationally, make sure you have your Passport.
5. RECONFIRMATION - Reconfirm the time of your flights online or on an airline app at least 24 hours prior to departure for domestic and 72 hours for international. Failure to use any reservations may result in automatic cancellation of all continuing and return reservations.
6. EXCURSION AND PROMOTIONAL FARES - Most discount fares involve certain restrictions. A change in carrier(s) flight(s), time(s) or routing(s) could result in a carrier demanding a full fare. Obtain agency or airline assistance before making any changes.
7. IF YOUR PLANS CHANGE ENROUTE - Contact our travel agency AT 518-350-7587 or call the after-hours service for assistance. Additional charges may apply. It is not necessary to purchase a new ticket if a refund is due. Please cancel your reservation prior to flight time or ticket will have no value.
8. FLIGHTS - These times, flights and fares are based on current tariffs that are subject to change without notice. The agency has no control over flight changes made by the airlines but will assist you with issues.
9. TICKETS - Most tickets have value. Any unused flight coupons must be returned in order to determine refund value. Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets must be paid for until refund is received from the issuing carrier, subject to an airline imposed service charge.
10. HOTELS - are usually confirmed on a guaranteed payment basis. If you cancel or change plans, please notify your travel agent or the hotel(s) within the time period specified by that hotel(s) to not incur any penalties. Rules may vary by property. See hotel cancellation notice included with your hotel confirmations.
11. TOUR/PACKAGE PRICES - are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations, tariff changes or increase in operational costs. In addition, group tours/packages are based on a Minimum Number of passengers traveling: if the number of passengers falls below the minimum required, a surcharge may be imposed on all passengers.
12. IMPORTANT!!! - If you are at an airline ticket or passenger check-in counter with your confirmed ticket and find that the airline shows no reservations for you, do not leave the counter. Check your ticket. If the status box shows "OK" for the flight in question, the airline must accommodate you on that flight, or if that is not possible, they must either find a substitute flight or pay you denied boarding compensation. If necessary, ask to speak to a supervisor or call your travel agent.
13. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS - Pricing for Group Trips are contingent on us having a certain amount of travelers. As we are a Travel Group, all payments are non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled, so it is extremely important that you purchase travel insurance. Please see our “Why we Recommend Travel Insurance”, located on this page.
14. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY - THIS TRAVEL AGENCY IS ACTING AS A MERE AGENT FOR SUPPLIERS IN SELLING TRAVEL-RELATED SERVICES, OR IN ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS OR BOOKINGS FOR SERVICES THAT ARE NOT DIRECTLY SUPPLIED BY THIS TRAVEL AGENCY (SUCH AS AIR AND GROUND TRANSPORTATION, HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS, MEALS, TOURS, CRUISES, ETC.). THIS AGENCY, THEREFORE, SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT OF ANY INTENTIONAL OR CARELESS ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS ON THE PART OF SUCH SUPPLIERS, WHICH RESULT IN ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, DELAY, OR INJURY TO YOU OR YOUR TRAVEL COMPANIONS OR GROUP MEMBERS. UNLESS THE TERM "GUARANTEED" IS SPECIFICALLY STATED IN WRITING ON YOUR TICKETS, INVOICE, OR RESERVATION ITINERARY, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY OF SUCH SUPPLIERS' RATES, BOOKINGS, RESERVATIONS, CONNECTIONS, SCHEDULING, OR HANDLING OF PERSONAL EFFECTS. TRAVEL AGENT SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES CAUSED TO ANY TRAVELER IN CONNECTION WITH TERRORIST ACTIVITIES, SOCIAL OR LABOR UNREST, MECHANICAL OR CONSTRUCTION FAILURES OR DIFFICULTIES, DISEASES, LOCAL LAWS, CLIMACTIC CONDITIONS, CRIMINAL ACTS OR ABNORMAL CONDITIONS OR DEVELOPMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR CONDITIONS OUTSIDE THE TRAVEL AGENT'S CONTROL. TRAVELER ASSUMES COMPLETE AND FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND HEREBY RELEASES THE AGENT FROM ANY DUTY OF CHECKING AND VERIFYING ANY AND ALL PASSPORT, VISA, VACCINATION, OR OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS OF EACH DESTINATION, AND ALL SAFELY OR SECURITY CONDITIONS AT SUCH DESTINATIONS, DURING THE LENGTH OF THE PROPOSED TRAVEL. For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, contact the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department (202) 6475225. For medical information, call the Public Health Service (404) 332-4559.
BY EMBARKING UPON HIS/HER TRAVEL, THE TRAVELER VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS INVOLVED IN SUCH TRAVEL, WHETHER EXPECTED OR UNEXPECTED. TRAVELER IS HEREBY WARNED OF SUCH RISKS, AND IS ADVISED TO OBTAIN APPROPRIATE INSURANCE COVERAGE AGAINST THEM. TRAVELER'S RETENTION OF TICKETS, RESERVATIONS, OR BOOKINGS AFTER ISSUANCE SHALL CONSTITUTE CONSENT TO THE ABOVE, AND AN AGREEMENT ON HIS/HER PART TO CONVEY THE CONTENTS HERETO TO HIS/HER TRAVEL COMPANIONS OR GROUP MEMBERS.
15. PROOF OF IDENTITY is required for all travel. Without proper identification, or passport and necessary visas you will not be permitted to depart. It is your responsibility to verify your necessary travel documents. Passports should not expire within six months of travel return date.
16. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE. There are different types of medical, baggage and/or trip cancellations insurance coverage from the supplier or the third party insurance agencies. It is in your best interest to obtain travel insurance before leaving on your trip, especially if you are traveling internationally.
NOTE: Insurance coverage may not cover pre-existing conditions and may have other restrictions and exclusions. Consult with your travel agent or the insurance carriers direct for details. Trip insurance or waivers provided by the supplier may not offer insolvency coverage. Read your policies carefully to know what coverage you have purchased and are getting.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF AIRLINE BANKRUPTCIES
Hopefully there will not be any more airline bankruptcies, but it has to be recognized that they might occur. You should know how such bankruptcy might affect you.
1. If an airline declares bankruptcy, it is not obligated to carry you or to refund tickets issued before the bankruptcy. Travel agents are not allowed to refund tickets on airlines which have declared bankruptcy. Money given to a travel agent immediately becomes the property of the airlines, and we are required by laws to comply with airlines’ orders.
2. If an airline declares bankruptcy, it might continue service, limit service, or stop completely. Other airlines might accept passengers under limited circumstances or may refuse to accept any passengers from the defaulted carrier. Meanwhile there are travel insurance plans available for passengers to cover and protect them in case of airline bankruptcies.
IMPORTANT NOTICE This agency and its agents have endeavored to secure the lowest possible fare, suitable for your travel requirements, based on space available at the time of booking, accessible sources of information, and knowledge of agents involved. This agency cannot guarantee, in view of the deregulation of airline fares, that the fare indicated on the ticket will be the lowest possible fare at departure date. Please contact this travel agency before departure if you wish to recheck any newly introduced fare that may correspond with your specific travel requirements.
PLEASE NOTE that retention of tickets, reservations or bookings after issuance shall constitute acceptance of all the provisions in the conditions listed hereto, as well as those terms and conditions set forth in the announcements and circulars of the tour/package, cruise or service.
WHY WE RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE.
As professional travel advisors, we have an obligation to help you protect your vacation investment by informing you about the benefits and the risks of having and not having travel protection.
Travel insurance is an inexpensive way to protect you, your family and your vacation before and during your trip. It gives you peace of mind. As travel agents, we don’t travel without it!
We recommend that you purchase travel insurance because we know how important your vacation is to you. We also know that anything can happen at anytime unexpectedly. When those unexpected situations occur it is nice to have a cushion to fall on. Travel insurance provides that secure cushion by covering many of the things that most travelers often take for granted or never think about when planning trips. Sometimes vacations are delayed due to a passenger's illness. A trip can be cancelled by the traveler due to an accident, injury or heaven forbid a death.
It is not unusual for airlines to cancel or delay flights. Often the airlines are not very helpful when it comes to helping you find another flight. Whenever a flight delay or cancellation occur the wait and lines are very long for making alternate flight arrangements. Consequently, some passengers believe that the airlines must compensate them with hotel vouchers or meal vouchers. They are mistaken. Typically, this type of compensation is only provided for extenuating circumstances and only on returning flights not outbound flights from your home gateway. In addition, stranded passengers traveling on Low Fare Carriers will never be provided with any such amenities. Unless you are flying first class or you have a travel agent who booked your flight, and you did not book with an online agency or a discounted carrier, then those courtesy services usually are not available to you.
If you have medical insurance, it usually does not cover you for illnesses or injuries that develop outside the country (U.S.). Some Credit Cards provide limited travel insurance coverage or can be more expensive than third party travel insurance. However, we encourage you to always check to see what type of coverage is offered by your medical insurance company and your credit card companies to compare the prices and coverage. Without travel insurance, you are on your own and out of pocket for any medical emergency, accident or injury while travelling.
With travel insurance, instead of standing in that long line you could call your travel insurance emergency hotline for assistance or call your travel agent. Travel insurance covers the cost of those delays and/or cancellations.
Travel Insurance plans covers illness or injury sustained before departure or while abroad; Emergency Medical Evacuation or Transportation Services, and baggage loss, theft or damage coverage too. Travel Medical Assistance and Worldwide Travel Assistance can help you in a medical, dental or legal emergency, as well as assistance with emergency cash transfers, lost travel documents and much more. The Travel insurance plans we recommend may also cover pre-existing conditions provided you buy your coverage within the specified time period required before your trip begins. There are family policies too and we can recommend coverage to fit your travel needs. Without travel insurance these incidents can be very costly to you. We want your trip to be fun and worry-free!
Just like having a travel agent is very important, having travel insurance is equally as important for saving you time, money, and headaches. When you are planning your vacations, you never think about the possibilities of unexpected circumstances that may derail your plans but often they do occur. We can provide quotes from our travel insurance providers that offer various insurance plans. For more technical questions about the insurance coverage, plans and policies, we are happy to refer you directly to a travel insurance agent.
We provided this explanation to help you better understand the risks and benefits of having travel insurance and to help you make a more informed decision and to consider purchasing travel insurance. It is the peace of mind you get in knowing that you will not lose the money you have invested in your vacation should the unexpected occur.
Travel Insurance is another necessity that you should pack and not travel without. If something goes wrong, one phone call to the insurance company starts your claim to help resolve your issues quickly.
We want you to have a worry-free vacation whenever you travel and one reason why we highly recommend travel insurance. Call us at 518-350-7587 for more information or to get an immediate free quote for your trip.